Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Reflection on 2013 and what's in store for 2014

2013 is considered a good year to me. There are few reasons:
  1. I am married with my lovely wife.
  2. I got an own home to stay in Penang.
  3. I got a new job with new boss.
There are also other areas of improvement for myself that I did not do so well in 2013.
  • I am not confidence in myself (my communications, my decision making, my job as a people manager)
  • I am not doing enough to bring my relationship with my dear to the next level.
  • I am not doing enough to foster a closer relationship with my siblings.
  • I am not doing enough to improve myself (not doing what I think, plan) - lack of execution and implementation whether in meeting deadline, going for appointments etc.
  • I am not doing enough for self exploration and self improvement - whether in my career or self improvement in other areas (like reading, enrolling in course)
In summary, there are few areas that I think I should focus to improve in 2014:
  • Self confidence - to build a strong self confidence (communication, decision making)
  • Self improvement -  to continue to explore by reading
  • Time management - to plan and meet my timeline 
  • Interpersonal relationship - to understand people's relationship and build a stronger relationship with my wife, family, colleagues, friends etc.
My wish for 2014....

  1. To be a good husband
  2. To enhance my knowledge in many areas
  3. To enhance my spirituality
  4. To build a stronger relationship with family and friends
  5. To stay healthy
Happy new year 2014....

1 comment:

  1. Your wishes for 2014....

    1.To be a good husband - ok you already are, just need to be crafted a bit here and there :p
    2.To enhance my knowledge in many areas - more details pls
    3.To enhance my spirituality - to be tougher? to be more responsible?
    4.To build a stronger relationship with family and friends - how strong you wanna to be? not specific enough
    5.To stay healthy - ok, i will help you this...by controllong your diet! haha

    Well, your wished will remain as wishes if your goal not specific. I am sure you know higher chance to achieve a wish if you set clearer goal -
    measurable

    1.To be a good husband - i will provide her security by sharing Png sweet home with her, target to be done by end September. By return she will help to pay installment (50% of the installment or RM1k whichever lower) if she secure a decent permanent job in Png.
    I am promised the Png sweet home is only meant for 2 of us and new family member (baby) if any.
    I will reschedule my time for instance only go for 1 outdoor activity on weekend.
    We will go out pak toh at least once every 2 weeks, be it a outing for meal / movie / show / trip, just 2 of us.
    2.To enhance my knowledge in many areas - what about we target to do an own business then we try to gather as much information as possible? In my mind I have an idea to set up a place that either for home stay or a wedding venue.
    3.To enhance my spirituality - ops, i run out of idea
    4.To build a stronger relationship with family and friends - about family, i will speak my mind in front of my family. I will not hesitate to speak up if my opinion is relevant, reasonable and fair to everyone.
    I will threat my in laws family good and fair, i will not demand my wife to do to my family of what i myself didnt do to my in laws family ( :p )
    5.To stay healthy - the latest to take dinner before 9pm. the latest bedtime before 12am. I will not over stress myself to do extreme exercise namely marathon, duathlon, triathlon, which i restrict myself to do only once a year. I will take at least 3 different vege / fruit a day. More to go...

    ReplyDelete