Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Success ?

                                     





What prompt me to write an article about success? It's been playing in my mind for a long time what's the definition of success? How to achieve success? What does success feels? Does it matters at all?

                                      
It's very obvious that success can be:
  1. Rewarding
  2. Self satisfaction
  3. Reality check
  4. Feel appreciated
  5. Motivated to do more and achieve higher results
Success here does not have to be great. It could be as simple as getting a compliment from a colleague for a job well done, helping an old lady to cross the stress, do charity etc. Why I say these are successes? Success is a resultant of what one did well right? In normal circumstances, it could mean success in academic, career, politics, sports.....and most important life. I believe success in life is intangible in nature and cannot be measure by a yardsticks. It could mean everyone has its own way of measuring success and value what success means to them.
In my opinion, success could mean be able to stand up and go to work everyday. It could mean I am able to drive and eat healthily. It could mean I live in a peaceful country. What I want to say here is, we should threat every small things as an accomplishments and appreciate what we have. As human moves from one stage of life to another, we tend to forget what we have achieve and we always go for the higher goals.
In life, it can be struggle for human to achieve success if he or she is too focus on certain things whereby small things tend to be ignored and not appreciated.

SUCCESS = CONTENTMENT + APPRECIATION + COMPASSIONATE + REALITY CHECK + PRINCIPLED

Agree? Everyone has its own formula of success. For me, I need 3 things:
  1. Discipline
  2. Focus
  3. Time and people conscious
 Well....What I have achieve in 2012 that I can say it's a success...? Many little things ....and yes I am appreciative of what I have....I wish for more "success" in my own definition for the years to come....

1 comment:

  1. Is good to read an article about success in beginning of the year of 2013.
    Well, usually we will set our new year resolution for the year and try to get them done successfully by year end.
    I wish to share with you my 2013 resolution. they always come in 5 main categories, same for the past many years. What different is the specific goal and how to achieve in each category.
    1. Health - review: I did a very good job in 2012. I improved my health a lot, no sick leave for 1 whole year.
    Moving forward: to treat the keloid at my left arm. Although is quite painful to go through that process, but it is not any better if I dont get treatment too.

    2. Family - review: it has been improving for the past few years but 1 significant improvement in 2012 was I found out my family really understand me and give me freedom to decide what I really want but yet give me full support.
    Moving forward: a vacation with my parents, tentative is Seoul Korea but final is depending on weather and timing.

    3. Career - review: 2012 was a year that I fully kept up with the working process. I am no longer new to this company and able to work independantly.
    Moving forward: looking for a new opportunity in Penang. Same as existing job, the next job must not give me extra stress from daily traffic and working hours. Something extra that I am looking forward from next job will be passion to work. I wish the next job I can do something I like, feel meaningful rather than working on some regular reports just to fulfill management's requirements.

    4. Friendship - review: sincere enough to my close friends. Keep it up.
    Moving forward: get to know some new friends.

    5. Relationship - (I put it at last doesn't mean is not important, in fact I wish to put it at last to focus more) review: I would say this is a meaningful year. Although it seems not a smooth year for both of us, seems quarrel a lot between us, but in fact I see it an important process. Through this, we learn each other more, we know more how to adapt to each other's needs without sacrifice our own needs.
    Moving forward: 2013 is a year for us to build something stronger, be it financially or connection. If I were to change my status from single to married, I have to make sure the guy I am getting married is mature enough to be a man, someone that can form his own family without following other ppl's expectation / framework.

    Am I going to success in 2013? I am sure I will...with your support. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete